Usage Analytics & Data Privacy
data-diff collects anonymous usage data to help our team improve the tool and to apply development efforts to where our users need them most.
We capture two events: one when the data-diff run starts, and one when it is finished. No user data or potentially sensitive information is or ever will be collected. The captured data is limited to:
- Operating System and Python version
- Types of databases used (postgresql, mysql, etc.)
- Sizes of tables diffed, run time, and diff row count (numbers only)
- Error message, if any, truncated to the first 20 characters.
- A persistent UUID to indentify the session, stored in
If you do not wish to participate, the tracking can be easily disabled with one of the following methods:
- In the CLI, use the
- In the config file, set
no_tracking = true(for example, under
- If you're using the Python API:
data_diff.disable_tracking() # Call this first, before making any API calls
# Connect and diff your tables without any tracking